KS4 GCSE PE
What will I learn in GCSE Physical Education?
• Develop your knowledge and practical skills in a range of physical activities
• Examine the effects of exercise and how training can improve performance
• Find ways to improve your own performances in a variety of roles
• Identify ways to develop and maintain a healthy and active lifestyle through participation in physical activity
• Appreciate the benefits of promoting ‘sport for all’.
How will I be assessed?
Unit 1 – Examination 40%
Unit 1 is externally assessed through a written examination paper of 1 hour and 30 minutes.
This will contribute a maximum of 40% towards your total marks.
Unit 2 – Controlled Assessment 60%
Unit 2 is assessed in two sections.
Section 1 – four practical performances. This section is worth 48% of your total mark.
Section 2 – analysis of performance in one of the chosen activities. This will be worth 12% of the marks and should include planning, performing and evaluating a Personal Exercise Programme
Test yourself with the sample examination paper below. (Don't worry, the answers are included!)