The school is a thriving, voluntary aided, non-denominational, inclusive comprehensive school serving the educational needs of boys from the ages of 11 to 18, from a diverse local community. The school benefits from a joint co-educational sixth form with a neighbouring girls’ school. We are on the edge of Hampstead Heath in the London Borough of Camden with 800 on roll and we are part of the highly regarded LaSWAP sixth form consortium.
Applications are invited for January 2022 start for the post of:
Deputy Catering Manager
Scale 6 (£29,022 - £30,618) pro rota
Permanent, 35 hours per week – 8.00am to 4.00pm, term time only,
The school is looking to appoint a Deputy Manager to join our Catering Department. The Deputy Manager will actively participate and support the Catering Manager in the daily operation of the school catering process and maintaining high standards of Hygiene and Food Safety. You should be self-motivated and have a ‘can-do’ attitude. Previous experience working as an Assistant Manager in a school will be preferable.
The post holder will
- supervise the staff in maintaining high standards of Hygiene and Food Safety.
- liaise with Catering Manager/Headteacher/SLT regarding events, organising staff rotas where necessary, delivering training when needed and supervision of colleagues.
- be proactive in managing the team and leading by example to deliver outstanding service.
- fully involved in menu planning, stock taking, ordering, and all aspects of health & safety.
- work in collaboration with the Food department ensuring all related technician duties are carried out. This will include food ordering, maintaining stock, and cleaning of the food technology equipment.
For the above posts we are looking for people who: Are able to respond flexibly and adapt to a rapidly changing world. Use their initiative to solve problems. Show an ability to use existing resources to overcome challenges and create new and effective solutions.
The role presents an exciting opportunity to become a part of our professional and friendly support team.
Application packs can be downloaded from the school website: www.williamellis.camden.sch.uk.
Closing date: Wednesday 8th December 2021 midday
We reserve the right to interview candidates before the closing date.
William Ellis School is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and therefore expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, all appointments are subject to CRB checks and excellent references.