The main aims of our Department are:
- To encourage our young people to engage in a healthy, active lifestyle and equip them with the skills and knowledge to do this.
- To provide a rich and varied sporting curriculum made up of both team and individual activities.
To enrich our student’s school life with extracurricular opportunities to take part in recreational activity or to compete against other schools.
Key Stage 3
Students participate in a range of activities across the key stage. These activities allow students to partake in both individual and team sports, as well as being given an insight into fitness training and healthy living.
Sports/Activities covered will vary year by year but could include the following:
- Fitness training
- Table tennis
Key Stage 4 - Core Physical Education
- All boys have one hour of PE per week in which they are taught in mixed ability groups.
- They will be taught a range of team and individual activities but are taught 'through the game' to build on the skills learnt in KS3 and further develop tactical knowledge and performance.
- Students who do not study a second language will have a further hour per week. During this lesson they will be given the opportunity to choose an activity to take part in. These sessions are focused on maximising time in game situations.
|Benefits of a healthy active lifestyle|
Drugs in Sport
Health Related Exercise and Skill Related Fitness