Please enter an introduction for your news story here.
William Ellis School is pleased to report some outstanding achievements by its students in their GCSEs and other Key Stage 4 qualifications this summer.
We would like to commend all our Year 11 students on their resilience, determination and adaptability throughout the last year and particularly in the period since they returned to school in March. They have set a brilliant example to the whole school community and we are very proud of everything they have achieved and the young men they have grown into, including those who have overcome exceptional challenges.
In particular, we would like to congratulate the following students:
- George Nesbitt – 9 grade 9s, and one grade 8
- Chan Chun Yin – 5 grade 9s, 2 grade 8s, 3 7s
- Anish Maharajan – 6 9s, 3 grade 7s
- Kyle Lathpandura – 4 9s, 4 grade 8s, 1 grade 7
- Julian Theophilou – 4 grade 9s, 2 grade 8s, one 7, 2 grade 6s
- Teo Cakir – 4 grade 9s, 2 grade 8s, 3 grade 7s and one 6
- Asadullah Nimat – 4 grade 9s, 1 grade 8, 2 grade 7s, one 6, 5
This year, following the cancellation of exams, grades were awarded through a process of teacher assessed grades, against a national standard and approved and awarded by the exam boards. The government is not publishing performance data for any schools or colleges this year due to the varying impact of the pandemic. Our staff worked with dedication and commitment to the process which ensured that it ran smoothly.