Main/Upper Scale, Inner London + TLR3
We are currently Recruiting for
A Teacher of RE/Humanities and PSHE Lead (TLR3) - Main/Upper Scale, Inner London + TLR3
About the School
William Ellis School is a thriving, voluntary aided, non-denominational, inclusive comprehensive boys’ school serving the educational needs of boys from the ages of 11 to 18. It is an attractive site on the edge of Hampstead Heath with excellent access to Central London. It is a neighbourhood of great social and cultural diversity, and this diversity is very well represented at William Ellis.
The school is committed to nurturing successful students and good citizens through strong relationships in line with the school motto, “rather use than fame”. The school is part of the longest established and most successful mixed sixth form consortium in London, LaSWAP, which enables our students to access a wide range of subject expertise. We provide excellent professional opportunities for staff and are part of the Camden family of schools.
About the role
We are looking for an RE Teacher who can bring commitment and expertise to our curriculum offer, supporting and teaching students across all key stages. You would have the opportunity to work with students across the attainment range and would be supported in your professional development whatever your stage of teaching career. You would be joining a wider team of well-qualified and established humanities teachers who are highly ambitious for the students. Humanities subjects are very strongly supported by the Headteacher and the Leadership Team.
The right candidate will also be taking on our Head of PSHE role. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- A deep commitment to PSHE Education and articulate its value to the students in this school
- An ability to work through others to improve outcomes for young people
- An understanding of the impact of a great PSHEE programme on the ethos of the school, including how it exemplifies the values and attitudes we wish to instil in our young people and how it is an essential part of Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development
The successful candidate will be:
- A Highly motivated and inspirational classroom practitioner with excellent subject knowledge
- Committed to maximising pupil progress through setting high standards and by delivering effective teaching and learning
- Able to motivate, lead, support and challenge students to be successful
Closing Date: TBC
Interview Date: TBC
Interested Candidates are welcome to contact the school for an informal conversation about the role, the school and to arrange a visit. We reserve the right to interview suitable candidates before the closing date. A google search will be run on all candidates selected for interview. References will also be requested before interview
William Ellis School is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and therefore expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, all appointments are subject to DBS checks and excellent references.