NJC Scale 3,SCP 5/6 (£28,545 - £28,977)
32.5 Hours per week, Term Time Only - £24,892 - £25,269 (Actual Salary)
About the role
The school wishes to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Teaching and Learning Assistant. The successful candidate will play a key role in the school. The role of the post-holder is to support teachers in teaching and learning throughout the school.
For the right person, this post will offer a variety of challenges, experiences, and opportunities for professional development. Applicants must have good written, verbal and listening skills and if they have not done so already, be willing to complete the Higher Level Teaching Assistant qualification.
- Plan with subject teachers and lead Transition group support
- Timetable and organise daily exam access support
- Support SENDCo in departmental development
- Lead a group of identified TLAs in meetings
- Work with a core department on the development of teaching and learning strategies, schemes of work and resources
- Attend core department meetings as directed
- Support SEND department administration demands.
If you are seeking a challenging and highly rewarding position, enriching the lives of students and the local community, we look forward to hearing from you.
Interested Candidates are welcome to contact the school for an informal conversation about the role, the school and to arrange a visit. We reserve the right to interview suitable candidates before the closing date. A google search will be run on all candidates selected for interview. References will also be requested before interview
William Ellis School is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and therefore expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, all appointments are subject to DBS checks and excellent references.