Year 11 William Ellis boys joined with Parliament Hill girls to collect their GCSE results in the fabulous new sixth form centre for both schools. There was a great atmosphere with the usual strong sense of camaraderie.
Congratulations to all our students for their significant achievements and thank you to parents, staff and volunteers who have given great support to our students to help them achieve the best they can.
It is most important that we focus on the progress of every individual student from wherever they started, but it is also important that we acknowledge and celebrate students who have achieved at the highest level.
110 students sat GCSEs at William Ellis School this summer and we are delighted with their results:
- 65% of boys achieved 5 or more GCSEs at grades 4 to 9 including English and Maths
- 66% achieved grades 4 to 9 in both English and Maths and 42% achieved at least grades 5 in both
- Over a third of boys achieved at least one GCSE at the top grades (7 to 9)
- 22% of results were grades 7 to 9
- In English 78% of boys achieved at least grade 4, 60% achieved at least grade 5 and 19% achieved at least a grade 7
- In Maths 74% of boys achieved at least grade 4, 48% achieved at least grade 5 and 26% achieved at least a grade 7
- 59% of the cohort achieved 2 or more Science GCSEs at grade 4 and above
40% of students achieved the English Baccalaureate (English, Maths, Geography or History, two Sciences and a Foreign Language at grades 4 to 9)
50 boys took GCSEs in the three separate sciences and they achieved excellent results with 38% in Biology, 32% in Chemistry and 40% in Physics achieving the top grades (7 to 9). Other subjects with more than a quarter of grades at A & A* include: French (28%), German (35%), Maths (26%) and Music (43%).