- French Artists, Greetings, Classroom Language, alphabet, Days, Dates and Numbers, Personal Information, Colours, Gender, Countries and Nationalities, Personal Description, Family, Pets, Preferences.
- The time, School subjects, School uniform, Simple descriptions of the school, day, Likes and Dislikes, Justifications, Opinions and Preferences, Clothes.
- Sports and Hobbies, time expressions, further opinions.
- the present tense (-er, -ir, -re, avoir, etre, aller, faire, lire, sortir)
- the near future
- il faut / on doit
- definite and indefinite articles
- adjectives and agreements (incuding possessive adjectives)
- guidance for spelling and pronunciation
- question words
- Describing where you live, town, area and house. Describing bedroom and furniture.
- Using the infinitives of verbs with ‘I like’ to describe what you do at home. Present tense of other irregular verbs.
- The weather
- Using infinitives
- Irregular verbs in the present tense
- Reflexive verbs
- Pres + de and a
- Irregular adjectives
- The perfect tense
- The imperfect tense
- The conditional tense
- Further negative phrases
- Further opinion phrases
- Arranging a holiday, talking about how to get there, getting to know Paris, getting around in Paris, talking about what you have done
- Health (Body parts, illnesses, food and drink, shops, daily routine and health - (exercise, smoking, alcohol and drugs).
- Consolidation of present, perfect, imperfect, near future and conditional tense
- Future tense
- Direct and indirect object pronouns
- Adverbs of frequency
- Expressions with avoir
- Nouns - patterns
Key Stage 4 – GCSE Specification AQA Languages
• Identity and culture
- Me, my family and friends
- Technology in everyday life
- Free-time activities
- Customs and festivals
- Local, national, international and global areas of interest
- Home, town, neighbourhood and region
- Social issues (charity/voluntary work, healthy and unhealthy living)
- Global issues (the environment, poverty and homelessness)
- Travel and tourism
- Current and future study and employment
- My studies
- Life at school
- Education post-16
- Jobs, career choices and ambitions
Listening – 25%
Reading – 25%
Writing – 25%
The speaking exam will be sat before the Easter holiday in year 11 and the other three exams will be sat during the exam period at the end of year11.