The main aims of our department are:
- To stimulate pupils' interest and curiosity about the world in which they live as part of a lifelong process.
- To develop pupils' awareness at local, national and global scales.
- To help pupils understand the interrelationships between people and their environments throughout the world.
Key Stage 3
- Map skills: directions, distances, symbols, grid references
- Our Home Region (I Love London): location, land uses, weather, population change
- Volcanoes: causes, features, impacts
- China: features, daily life, schools comparison
- UK weather: patterns, extreme weather
- The World Cup (focus on Russia and Qatar)
- Geography of Crime
- Water (Rivers and Flooding)
- Tourism = individual study
- Development issues: measuring development, commodity dependency, trade, aid
- Natural Hazards: Tropical storms, Quakes (Haiti & Chile) and Tsunamis
- Population: changes, density, pyramids, migration