- Personal information, Brothers & sisters, Pets, Physical descriptions, Family members, Characteristics.
- School and subjects
- Sport, Hobbies, Likes & dislikes, Information about others, Arranging meeting, Favourite things.
- Where I live, My house, Local area, Activities in town, Food & drink
- Cultural information about German speaking countries.
- The present tense
- Introduction to the case system and endings
- Personal details, Weather, Saying what you did yesterday, Saying what someone else did yesterday, telling the time (digital), A recent holiday, Travel & accommodation, School trip, Train tickets, Lost property
- Parts of the body, Illness, Keeping fit, Breakfast, Food likes & dislikes, Shops,
- Buying food, Cultural information about German speaking countries.
- the perfect tense
- revision of the present, imperfect and future
- revision of modal verbs
- subordinate clauses
Key Stage 4 – GCSE Specification AQA Languages
• Identity and culture
- Me, my family and friends
- Technology in everyday life
- Free-time activities
- Customs and festivals
- Local, national, international and global areas of interest
- Home, town, neighbourhood and region
- Social issues (charity/voluntary work, healthy and unhealthy living)
- Global issues (the environment, poverty and homelessness)
- Travel and tourism
- Current and future study and employment
- My studies
- Life at school
- Education post-16
- Jobs, career choices and ambitions
Listening – 25%
Reading – 25%
Writing – 25%
The speaking exam will be sat before the Easter holiday in year 11 and the other three exams will be sat during the exam period at the end of year11.