William Ellis School
Welcome to William Ellis School - a school with a long and
distinguished history of serving the local community.
William Ellis School is a distinctive, dynamic and diverse school serving the educational needs of young people from our local community. We are proud of our history and although much has changed since the school was opened by WIlliam Ellis in Gospel Oak in 1862 we keep true to our founder's principles:
Upcoming EventsFull Calendar
- 24 Aug – 28 AugAll DayTransition Summer School - for students joining Year 7
- 02 SepAll DayStaff Professional Development Day - school closed to students
- 03 Sep08:30 – 15:00First day & Induction for Year 7 Students
- 03 Sep12:00 – 15:00Welcome Back & Induction for Year 8 - 11
- 04 Sep12:00 – 15:00Lessons begin - Years 7-11
William Ellis’ centre for outdoor learning, The Mill, is in a designated area of outstanding natural beauty. It is situated in the picturesque village of Forest Green which lies nestled within the Surrey Hills just outside Dorking.
Forming a strong part of our rich tradition, visits to The Mill have formed the backbone of our personal development programme for students for over 30 years.