The William Ellis School Parents Association (WESPA) welcomes all parents, carers, teachers, staff and friends of the school. WESPA plays an active part in school life at William Ellis and it’s a great way to get involved with the school, get to know each other and join in with some fun social and fundraising events.
WESPA Co-Chairs: Fiona (Yr9) and Max (Yr9)
Get in touch: email@example.com
Year 7 Reps: Ceri 7B; Coco 7F; Amelie 7K; Holly 7L; Natasha 7W
Year 8 Reps: Nick 8B; Julie 8F; Ri 8K; Vicky 8L; Donna 8W
WESPA is guided in our grant making by the students, as expressed through their representatives on the Student Council, and in discussion with the school. Please CLICK on the links below to find out about our current fundraising goals and to donate. Your generous support helps broaden the students' horizons!
A huge thank you to both Camden Giving and The Hampstead Wells and Campden Trust who have awarded grants towards WESPA’s Home Learning Laptop campaign. We have less than £2,000 to raise of our £30k target to bring digital equality (good laptops, IT and connectivity) for students at William Ellis School, both during the pandemic, but also throughout their learning at WES. Each £1 donated will ‘unlock’ £1 match-funding generously pledged by the Birkbeck and William Ellis Schools Trust! Please support us: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund/homelearninglaptops
One-off and monthly donations to WESPA can be made using this Virgin Money Giving link:
Thank you to all who are using www.easyfundraising.co.uk/causes/williamellispa/ to raise FREE donations for WESPA – to gain a free £5 for WESPA, sign up using this unique link and search for William Ellis School Parents Association: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/invite/UJBDW4/1KH7PM
WESPA - what do we do?
Our purpose is to organise activities that can benefit the school by raising funds to pay for things like school outings, sports equipment, educational visits from music and theatre groups, and better play and learning equipment — things that add value for the pupils and would be beyond the normal budget of the school.
Throughout the year we organise a variety of enjoyable events for the whole school community, including the Quiz Night, Spring Shindig, Fun Run and Winter Raffle. We raise thousands of pounds each year and help with school events including drama, music and sport as well as with the maintenance of the school’s residential centre at The Mill. We also provide refreshments at school events such as concerts, plays and parent evenings.
Summer Term 2021
- WESPA Digital Online Meeting, Tuesday 11th May, 7.30pm. Everyone welcome! To join, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Working Weekend at The Mill, 4th, 5th, 6th June. Let the Warden of The Mill know if you would like to volunteer: https://themillforestgreen.co.uk/volunteers
- Arts & Crafts Fair
- Summer Prize Draw
- Uniform Swap at Parents' Evenings throughout the year
- International Food Festival & Music Evening. Cooks, musicians and helpers needed! Please email email@example.com
- Shindig - A popular bands night with performances by students and staff, with food and refreshments in a 'jazz-style' setting [postponed]
Autumn Term 2021
- WESPA Year 7 Welcome Meeting, September
- WESPA Meeting, September. Everyone welcome! To join, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- WESPA Sponsored 5K challenge
- Meet the Parents - Please pencil in your diaries for autumn 2021. Meet the Parents is a pioneering scheme to give primary school parents the inside story on their local secondary schools by hearing first-hand from families currently at local comprehensives. https://meettheparents.info
- Working Weekend at The Mill, 8th, 9th, 10th October 2021. Let the Warden of The Mill know if you would like to volunteer: https://themillforestgreen.co.uk/volunteers
- WESPA AGM, November
- WESPA Winter Prize Draw
Spring Term 2022
- WESPA Meeting, Everyone welcome. To join please email: email@example.com
- Spring Shindig
- WESPA Talks
- Working Weekend at The Mill. Let the Warden of The Mill know if you would like to volunteer: https://themillforestgreen.co.uk/volunteers
Over the years, WESPA funds have been used to develop the Biology and Science Laboratories, the Art Rooms, the Computer Rooms, and the Library Extension. WESPA has supported the purchase of sound and lighting equipment in the School Hall, sports equipment for the Multigym and the Sixth Form Centre and has contributed to The Mill Residential Centre. We work with the Student Council to support the boys with projects that they believe are important such as basketball hoops and balls and playground improvement.
Thank you to everyone who donated on-line, attended events, sold raffle tickets and baked cakes, raising over £10,000 during the 2018-2019 academic year. In addition, we are very grateful to the Birkbeck and William Ellis trust for granting WESPA £9,500 in match-funding towards the Music Department, Art Department and new Food Tech Lab.
How to get involved
While your children are at William Ellis we hope that you will find a little time to support WESPA. It’s a great way to meet fellow parents and carers as well as a chance to get to know the school and staff a little better. Helpers are always needed at events and new ideas are always welcome. You can keep in touch by adding your name to the WESPA email list.
Just send an email to Fiona and Max, WESPA Co-Chairs at: firstname.lastname@example.org