The Year 11 House Captains play an important role in leading the main Council discussions, especially those students elected as Lead and Deputy Lead of the Council. Other students from this large group will form a range of sub-committees on particular issues that they want to focus on and take on the role of Equalities and Diversity Champions.
The Student Council will also be reviewing the pledges made by the school community two years ago, to consider possible amendments to them. Currently, these pledges are:
- To take better care of the environment
- To take part in at least one house event and one activity outside lessons time
- To take part in fund-raising activities
- To contribute to the school community by taking on some responsibility
- To challenge prejudice and hate