The main aims of our department are:
- To stimulate pupils' interest and curiosity about the world in which they live as part of a lifelong process.
- To develop pupils' awareness at local, national and global scales.
- To help pupils understand the interrelationships between people and their environments throughout the world.
Key Stage 3
- Map skills: directions, distances, symbols, grid references
- Our Home Region – Urbanisation: location, land uses, population change
- Volcanoes: causes, features, impacts
- China: features, daily life, schools comparison
- Swains Lane Investigation – Shopping survey
- The World Cup (focus on Russia and Qatar)
- Geography of Crime
- Rivers & water consumption
- Tropical Rainforests
- Development issues: measuring development, commodity dependency, trade
- Weather Hazards: Tropical storms, Droughts, Climate Change
- Population: changes, density, pyramids, migration
- Using GIS: Software, Layering, Uses